Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

crab ginger noodles bento



Hi there! Summery weather has arrived in Sonoma County, so I've made a cool and refreshing bento with chilled noodles, minced ginger, crab and avocado. Asparagus spears and Vietnamese rice flour sweets (from our recent trip to Oakland's Chinatown) round things out and cool things off.
 
Excited to report that my Pasta Primavera bento placed 10th in the Bento & Co 2013 Bento Contest finals! What a fun event, rich in wonderful bento ideas to be found from contestants around the globe...international "bento love" and creativity in abundance. Happy bentoing, friends!

4 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Congrats Jenn! I can't wait to see your winning loot! Lovely colors that reflect the spring in your garden :)

Bentobird said...

Thanks dear bento pal! I'm glad I got around to participating this year :) And so glad to be enjoying spring in Cali with you this year!

bento buddies said...

Congratulations!
It looks great!

I love this box too! I am curious, can you tell me the name of the box? Or where to buy it? It looks like a perfect dividing bento box...

Greetings from Holland!
Rose @ bentobuddies

Bentobird said...

Hi Rose! I picked this bento up at a Korean supermarket called H-Mart several years ago...just checked on Ebay for something similar and could not find one with the divider sections :C