Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

spring salmon heart bento


Hi friends! Today's springy bento featured wholegrain toast topped with goat cheese and smoked salmon (with a small flourish of fennel frond), resting on a bed of tender mache, with accents of edible violets and golden baby tomato. A mustardy Dijon dressing was poured over after I snapped this pic. Below, my magewappa box with floral elastic band and tender pink tulips:


Had a lovely outing to Tachibana yesterday with Jamison and a dear friend (hello, L.!)...it is our favorite spot for Japanese food, where sushi is always ravishingly fresh and meticulously made. A selection including sea urchin, fish egg with quail egg, plum/ume roll, shrimp tempura roll, and my utter addiction, the spicy scallop roll (front):














Gorgeous spring day--luminous and cool-bright! Cherry blossoms against bright blue sky:








     I adore the amazing electric yellow-green of new leaves emerging...


              Our dogwood at peak bloom, covered in voluptuous yet delicate white flowers:


Have a wonderful week ahead!








7 comments:

Judy said...

Robin egg blue sky. The magical colors of Bentobird world are so sweet!

Bentobird said...

Hi Judy, I loved your comment, thanks!! Hope spring is arriving gloriously where you are...

karaimame said...

Pretty magewappa! The bento has a heart that pumps color and beautiful flavors!
You had such fabulous Spring day! With the addition of the Japanese food, I´ll be almost in heaven if I were you :)
Have a sweet week you too friend!

Bentobird said...

Hi Lil! What an adorable comment, loved your description of the salmon heart. It's been a bright and lovely spring thus far, hugs and happy cooking!

tinyskillet said...

I really like it, all thoses greens around the salmon heart! Pretty to look at and good to eat!

I want that magewappa box with floral strap...it's gorgeous! I'll have to check it out!! :)

How stunnung are the photos of the blossoms against the clear blue sky!

Hope you are having a Happy Easter!

Bentobird said...

Hi sweet Lynds! I had not used this magewappa for a while, taking it out of the cupboard was like seeing an old friend again...found the elastic strap in a bargain priced Japanese shop in San Fran--will send you one when I'm out there!

I just know your Easter was a foodie delight...

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Beautiful!!!!!!