Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

spring salad bento


Hi bento pals! Spring is merging into summer here very quickly here!
For lunch today, a cooling combination with Middle Eastern inspirations: chicken sauteed with dried coriander, lemon and almonds, dressed with a yogurt-garlic sauce and fresh mint:


Greek style salad with farmer's market greens, feta, baby radish and red onions with a light white vinegar dressing, and juicy sweet watermelon (such a cooling fruit) also in the bento. A peach rounds out lunch...

Our purple clematis is unfurling its bright petals this week!


I admire this delicate amethyst-toned hydrangea in a friend's front yard each spring...




Happy Friday and weekend, guys!


10 comments:

origa-me said...

Note to self: Do not view this blog while eating less than wonderful lunch, may cause envy and indigestion.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty salad! Now THAT's how lettuce should look. When's the cookbook coming out? ....Naomi and I were looking at a hydrangea at her school just this morning...What a fun plant that it can't quite decide it's color....Ciao/Chow!

Bentobird said...

haha, thanks origa-me! I had a great time looking at your recent and lovely etegami works. happy weekend! (sorry I was not able to leave a comment on your blog due to Blogger sign-in problems)

Bentobird said...

hello Anon--loved your description of hydrangea as a "fun plant that can't decide it's color"...reminds me of an opal! Ciao :D

Unknown said...

Elegant yet adorable bento! You brilliantly matched it up with the beautiful plate! And I'll have to try yogurt garlic sauce for chicken. :)
It's amazing clematis and hydrangea have already flowered over there, thank you for shareing!
Have a lovely day Jenn!!

Bentobird said...

Hello Izumi! Thanks my friend...the sauce was easy, just thick plain yogurt, some garlic puree and a touch of salt.

Your recent posts show the fresh delicacy of spring in your area--things change quickly here and I loved revisiting the earlier season in your images!
Have a beautiful week...

Karina said...

Your summer is arriving so beautifully - we're still waiting for sun to make everything bloom. Those succulent peaches are making my mouth water...and that delicious Greek salad - yum.

Bentobird said...

Hi Karina! Thanks for your nice comments...I'm really enjoying stone fruit this season :D

We will be visiting the San Francisco area this week and I'm inspired by the beautiful images from your trip, hope to see the tea house at Golden Gate Park!

Mari-chan said...

This sounds really good, the salads for me anyway(I'm vegan :)), and the peaches look wonderful!!!

Bentobird said...

Thank you Mari-chan! And congratulations on your vibrant and fun new bento blog, I look forward to visiting :D